ON ORGANIZING AND HOLDING UP INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION OF SCIENTIFIC PROJECTS “ROLE OF YOUTH IN ACHIEVING SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS”
I. General regulations
Present Regulation determines the goals and objectives, the procedure for organizing, conducting and summing up the results of the international competition of scientific project “The role of youth in achieving sustainable development goals” among students of higher educational institutions.
The competition is held on the occasion of World Environment Day. The competition includes areas of food security and environmental protection within the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals adopted by the UN.
II. Competition goals
The purpose of the competition of scientific projects "The role of youth in achieving sustainable development goals" among students of higher educational institutions of our country and foreign countries follow:
- International cooperation in the field of science and education of Turkmenistan
- to strengthen and expand friendly relations between students of higher educational institutions of our country and foreign countries;
- increase the creative potential of students, enthusiasm for research and profession;
- create the necessary conditions for supporting talented youth, popularizing science and education among young people
- increase students' knowledge on issues such as food security, environmental protection and nature, sustainable use of natural resources;
- development of students' skills of independent work and thinking in various areas of the economy, food security, environmental protection and nature and the use of natural resources in various areas of the national economy;
- to form and expand in students the worldview of safe environmental management and ecological culture;
- to draw the attention of students to the issues of food security and ecology that are relevant for our state of Turkmenistan and the whole world;
- to ensure that students get acquainted with new technologies and scientific innovations developed in the field of food security, protection of the environment and the environment;
III. The procedure for organizing and holding the Competition
The competition is held in the II stage. Competition language: Turkmen, English and Russian.
I Stage (selection stage). A student or a group of students (no more than two students) belonging to one of the 6 areas accepted for the competition must send by before May 1, 2023 to submit to the Central Organizational Working Committee the text of a scientific project (with 1 attachment) by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The selected works are analyzed by jury groups and sent to the next stage of the competition. The list of scientific and design works that have passed to the II stage will be announced on the official website of the university on May 20, 2023.
II Stage (main stage). The second stage of the competition will be held from 1 to 5 June 2023. At this stage, based on the results of the first stage of the competition, students of higher educational institutions of the city of Ashgabat at the Turkmen Agricultural University named after S.A. Niyazov, as well as students of higher educational institutions located in the velayats of the country and abroad, make a presentation of a scientific project in front of the Central Organizational Working Group in online format.
IV. Requirements for the preparation of competitive projects
The general volume of scientific researches should be at least 15 pages, format A4 (font - Times New Roman, size - 14 pt, interval - 1.5; page margins of 20 mm on all sides). Tables, illustrations, drawings can be arranged in a free format. References to literary sources are indicated by numbers.
The title page of the scientific work should indicate the area of the competition, the name of the theme, the name of the performer and scientific supervisor. The information of the project must be scientifically substantiated on the relevant topic, based on accurate scientific data, clearly stated. The project should consist not only of theoretical information, but also of practical information and results obtained with the participation of the student. The title, theme, importance, purpose and outcome of the project must be mutually exclusive.
№ Criteria for evaluation Number of points
1. Substantiation of the modernity and relevance of the project 1 - 10
2. Innovativeness, scientific nature of the project 1 - 10
3. Project description sequence 1 - 10
4. Accuracy and clarity of project presentation 1 - 10
5. Project feasibility and production cost 1 - 10
6. Level of preparation and completion of the project 1 - 10
V. Directions of the competition
The competition will be held in several areas and will help young scientists involved in science to show their abilities. Among the Sustainable Development Goals adopted by the United Nations, the following food security and environmental goals are considered relevant areas of competition:
1. Elimination of hunger. End hunger, ensure food security and improve food quality, and promote sustainable agriculture;
2. Clean water and sanitation. Ensuring access to water resources and their regular use and sanitation for all;
3. Affordable and clean energy. Ensuring universal access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy sources for all;
4. Combat climate change. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts;
5. Preservation of the marine ecosystem. Conservation and sustainable use of oceans, seas and rivers for sustainable development;
6. Preservation of dryland ecosystems. Protect and restore drylands and promote their sustainable use, sustainable use of forests, combat desertification, halt land degradation and halt biodiversity loss.
Summing up the results of the competition and awarding the winners
I, II and III places in each area are determined on the basis of the sum of points scored for all indicators. In case of equality of votes, the winner is determined by voting among the members of the Central Organizational Committee. The winners of the competition are awarded by the rector of the university with diplomas of I, II and III degrees.
about the students participated in the “The role of youth in achieving the goals of sustainable development” scientific project competition between students of higher educational institutions of our country and foreign countries
Higher educational institutions:
Family name and given name of participant(s):
Majors and years of study:
Contact phone numbers:
Relevant project area:
Theme of the research project: